Notice of Change to Sessions
- The LCC Ice Rink is expected to open for Private Figure Sessions and Public Skating Sessions from Monday 11th October
Figure Session Times
6:00 – 9:00 am
6:00 – 9:00 am
6:00 – 9:00 am
5:15 – 8:15 pm
6:00 – 9:00 am
8:45 – 10:15 am
No LCCISC session available
Liverpool Catholic Club Ice Rink Session Time
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** Change to Saturday figure session structure
The Saturday figure session will be split as follows to allow the session to be safer and provide opportunity for all levels to have a decent skate. Please take careful note of the session split below. Parents of young skaters will be expected to instruct their skaters off and on the ice at the appropriate times. Note: Adult levels are to go according to the technical test level passed (not pattern or dance).
8:45 - 9:15 Basic Novice and above levels and only Prelim/Elem skaters that are in a lesson
9:15 - 9:45 All skaters (Max. 2 groups lessons of 2 skaters per group)
9:45 - 10:15 Prelim, Elem and Aussie Skate levels only (Max. 2 groups lessons of 2 skaters per group)
The Committee appreciates the prompt payment of session fees and encourages members to take advantage of the discounted session fee by purchasing a session card in advance – please make our job easier as we aim to reduce the number of cash payments each session.
- Admission to the rink must be paid for or figure session card signed with the LCCISC session administrators before entering the ice rink.
- Admission fees are a flat rate. No half sessions are available.
- Members and approved LCCISC Coaches $7 per session if paying by cash. Members and approved LCCISC Coaches are encouraged to purchase a session card which reduces the fee to $6 (for 5 & 10 session cards) or $5.50 (for $110 session card).
- Non-members $15 per session (Approval should be sought from the Committee).
Skater’s Session Cards - For convenient and fast admission into the rink, members are encouraged to purchase a session card. There are three skater’s cards available - $30 (5 sessions), $60 (10 sessions) and $110 (20 sessions). Session cards are presented to and signed by the administrating LCCISC staff at each figure session prior to entry to the ice rink. Please note that session cards are non-refundable and lost cards will not be replaced.
Coach’s Session Cards– Coach’s session cards are only available to LCCISC approved coaches. There are two coach’s cards available - $60 (10 sessions) and $110 (20 sessions). Session cards are presented to and signed by the administrating LCCISC staff at each figure session prior to entry to the ice rink. Please note that session cards are non-refundable and lost cards will not be replaced.
The Committee has approved for group lessons (maximum 4 skaters) to be conducted during figure sessions. Group lessons must be conducted in a manner that does not impede on other private lessons. This is limited to figure skaters, defined as solo, pairs and dance. Coaches that wish to have a group lesson with more than 4 skaters must seek approval prior to the session intended for the lesson.
Important Notice: Change to application of group lesson policy for Saturday figure sessions
The Committee has had to review the application of the group lesson policy for the Saturday figure sessions due to safety concerns and in the interest of ensuring the needs of all skaters are met during this busy session. To this end, the following guidelines are effective as of 1 June 2019 for group lessons taking place in the Saturday figure sessions only:
- Group lessons to take place in the last hour (9:15 - 10:15 AM)
- Group lessons capped to two skaters per coach
- No more than two group lessons per half hour
- Group lessons to occupy opposite ends of the rink as much as possible
The Committee will be working closely with Coaches to ensure that this arrangement works effectively for everyone. Coaches must seek approval from the Committee to run group lessons prior to the session. The Committee will review the arrangement over time.
Code of Conduct
All Skaters and Coaches must adhere to the following Code of Conduct when attending LCCISC sessions:
- Ensure your skating does not jeopardise the safety of anyone else on the ice;
- Be mindful of others on the ice. Do not distract or endanger other skaters/coaches;
- If you need to talk to someone while on the ice, PLEASE MOVE TO THE EDGE OF THE RINK;
- When music is played on ice for a program, the skater involved has RIGHT OF WAY. Please be aware of this and utilise the fluoro vests provided;
- Skaters are to exit the ice when not training; this is for the benefit of other skaters who wish to do so;
- Skaters/coaches are to refrain from any substance which is prohibited by the NSW Institute of Sports Drugs in sport policy;
- Be respectful and courteous towards other skaters, coaches, club staff, spectators and other guests regardless of race, colour, creed, sexual orientation or ability;
- Avoid any foul or abusive language at all times;
- NO Bullying or Threatening behaviour will be tolerated on any level on or off the ice.
- All skaters/coaches are to respect and protect the equipment available at LCC.